The NSW Government has recently announced the Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant.
The grant is available for small businesses reopening or up-scaling their operations as the NSW Government removes restrictions on movement and business trading.
How Much is the Grant?
The grants are between $500 and $3,000 and are to assist with costs such as:
- fit-out changes and temporary physical changes (for example, plastic barriers at checkouts)
- staff training and counselling
- business advice and continuity planning
- cleaning products and additional cleaning services
- additional equipment necessary to comply with social distancing or other public health measures
- marketing, communications and advertising
- digital solutions (for example, e-commerce or business websites).
The grants only apply to eligible expenditure incurred after 1 July 2020 and only where no other Government support is available.
To be eligible for this grant, you must as at 1 March 2020:
- be a small business or a not-for-profit organisation (see guidelines) based in NSW
- have an ABN registered in NSW
- have an annual turnover of more than $75,000
- employ less than 20 full-time equivalent (FTE) staff (non-employing businesses can apply)
- your 2019-20 payroll must be below $900,000
- be in a highly impacted industry by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 (see guidelines)
- have experienced at least 30% decline in turnover from March to July 2020 compared to the equivalent period (of at least 2 weeks) in 2019
- have costs associated with safely reopening or up-scaling your business from 1 July 2020.
How to Apply
Applications are now open and should be applied for directly via the online application form.
Applications close Sunday 16 August 2020.
What You Need to Apply
You will need all documentation ready before you commence the online application. You will need:
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- two proof of identity documents (see application instructions)
- your ABN (or ACN)
- your bank account details
- your latest Business Activity Statement (BAS)
As part of the application you will need to make a declaration that you meet the eligibility criteria.